Skip to main content

Introduction

Welcome to my crazy feminist blog! This is just a thing that I really think we're in need of right now. Feminism had some big milestones in 2016. We got some more Rey toys for Star Wars, there was a Ghostbuster's reboot starring women... ohhh yeah and it was the first time a woman actually ran for president in a major political party! And no matter who you voted for and what the outcome of the election was... it was still a really big deal!

I decided to start this blog because I wasn't happy with the outcome of the election. This is probably the most I will talk about politics on this blog... unless I think it is absolutely relevant. Okay... might be kind of a lie... I'll probably discuss Meryl Streep's acceptance speech at the Golden Globes because I think that is a powerful example of something women can be doing... and I will probably do a news segment. Basically... if there is something important to talk about that I feel well qualified to talk about, I will talk about it.

This will probably mostly be Pop Culture based feminism because that is kind of what I like and where I think I can help the most. I think I'll have a news segment, book reviews... maybe some history lessons. I have a post on why women shouldn't be catcalled coming up that was actually the first thing I wrote for this blog. I'll have a Thank You letter to iconic women... there's going to be a lot of stuff. Also it's not just about women, equality in general is a major win so... that will probably be included in here. And if I just think something is worth mentioning that a woman did or that I think women could relate to maybe better than men... I'll write that too. It's not just going to be all rants, all reviews or all one thing in general... it's going to be about a lot of things... so feel free to read and not read any parts you want!

This won't be a daily post either... this will likely be 2-3 times a week. I can't do a 3rd daily blog... just can't do it!

May the Force Be With all of the nasty women out there! And maybe some nasty men? If you're a guy reading this comment "I'm a Nasty Man" if you're nice and like the blog. If you don't like the blog, explain to me why my rights are not equal to yours!

Peace!
-Shannon


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Catcalling Isn't Okay, and Why It's Okay Not To Like It

Today I went to the grocery store with my mom and grandmother and while we were checking out, some older man says “Ohhhh, Nice! Young Lady! Have Mercy," to me! I was really pissed!  The thing about catcalling though is that a lot of people kind of make it seem like its less of a big deal than it is and that women should be okay with it… And no one should have to be okay with being catcalled. Here are my reasons:   I wasn’t asking for it  A lot of times people shrug it off and say something like “Well if you dress like that you’re just asking for it.” Nope… I was wearing a sweater… a mock turtleneck actually, jeans, and a large peacoat. This isn’t any different than how I normally dress. I shouldn’t have to modify my dress for my safety… also I’m not sure how I could exactly be wearing anything more reserved. It’s a striped sweater with a slouchy turtleneck… I definitely wasn’t asking for it.  I was wearing makeup… but that’s another thing I do every day. I have a be

Feminist Disney: Zootopia

Zootopia is a really great Disney movie with some great messages about accepting others... but I also think this is a good feminist movie also. Disney has a lot of strong female characters, especially as of recently... Disney does sort of underrepresent women in movies because of marketing. I swear... all The Force Awakens toys I saw were Kylo Ren... and that isn't okay... but anyway this is kind of cool that it isn't marketed as a girls movie or a boys movie but the main character and -SPOILERS- the villain in the story are women. Judy Hopps and Assistant Mayor Bellwether have a lot in common also. They are both "Meek Prey," they are both trying to succeed in a field that is mainly filled with male predators... they're both very ambitious, smart characters. They have similar dreams- they just get there in different ways and handle their mistakes differently... which defines them as a hero vs a villain. They don't really mention the difference between me

Feminish TV : Black Mirror Season 3 Episode 1: Nosedive

I had been wanting to see Black Mirror for a while, and this is the episode Netflix decided to play for me. Oddly, they have Black Mirror starting from the Most Recent Season and then going back to the first season… so it’s the opposite of what they normally do.   Also, in case no one knows, Black Mirror is a horror/sci fi series kind of like The Twilight Zone, but a lot darker and scarier. So each episode is different, different cast different characters, different story… so its kind of like its own movie… but a little bit shorter.  This one stars Bryce Dallas Howard as a woman living in a world where Social Media is everything. People have something attached to their eye that brings up everyone’s profile whenever you look at them, you can see their “Score” which shows how popular they are. 5s are the highest… most people are in the 4 range. Bryce Dallas Howard’s character is in the mid-4’s and she’s looking to bring herself up to a higher 4. There are advantages to being a h